about your floating boutique hotel
Unlike other barge hotels, the Savoir Vivre is not a conversion of an older commercial barge. She was constructed as a brand new ship.
- Savoir Vivre is modern, efficient and purpose built to cater for sophisticated, comfort seeking travellers.
- She is equipped with hotel-like amenities such as digitally controlled air conditioning, instant hot water and powerful showers.
- The entire ship is for guest use. We don't have back stage areas or an overly formalized service feel on our cruises.
bedrooms and bathrooms...
Each of Savoir Vivre's identical four cabins feature:
- Full twin to queen bed convertibility.
- Electrically adjustable orthopaedic beds, wardrobe, digital climate control, fresh air fans, hairdryer, full height mirrors and desk & chair.
- Bathrooms with heated towel rails/mirrors, zero step wet floor showers with glass enclosures and storage.
- Full size windows! This is because the bedrooms are all above water making them a great place to relax during the day.
salon, dining, kitchen and foredeck...
The Savoir Vivre has an innovative layout which makes her exceptionally space efficient and pleasant to be on:
- Quad opening front doors create a wonderful open-plan 'inside/outside' space between the salon and foredeck.
- The Salon features a solid cherry wood kitchen with premium appliances. When not it use it is covered to give the appearance of wood panelling. Guests can help themselves to anything, anytime.
- The salon area converts in moments to our dining room.
- The Savoir Vivre is designed to be more accessible for children and those who are less mobile. Everything is mostly on one level.
- Her unique V-Shaped hull means that we moor directly next to the canal side. As such our gangway is the shortest of any barge.
- Her low foredeck makes the ship uniquely safe to board in locks as you simply step on/off the ship when the ship is stationary and before the lock is operated.
- Once aboard (two steps) all main areas of the ship are on one level.
- Note: There are three steep treads up to the wheelhouse which must be used at one mooring.
- The electrically adjustable beds make sitting up in bed is easy and can be used as a lazy-boy.
one more detail...
Have you noticed our second deck on the back of the ship? This is of our 'no backstage' layout. It is accessed via double doors directly off the wheelhouse. It's also exciting back there when the Savoir Vivre is underway!